Filing For Workers’ Compensation In Winter Haven And Winter Park

Am I Eligible To Pursue Damages From A Responsible Third Party?

Yes. If a third party was partially to blame for your workplace injury, you have the right to sue them for damages. For example, if you were driving while on the job in a work-related capacity and another motorist caused a collision in which you suffered injuries, you can file a lawsuit against that individual.

At Abercrombie, P.A., we examine each case from every angle in order to ensure that our clients receive the most compensation possible. If you are entitled to compensation from a responsible third party, we are prepared to pursue it.

Dedicated Assistance For Florida’s Injured Workers

Have you or someone close to you been injured in a workplace accident? Florida handles on-the-job accidents on a “no-fault” basis – meaning that neither you nor your employer can be labeled responsible for the incident. Instead, you have the right to file for compensation benefits regardless of whose fault the injury was. You may not, however, sue your employer for the injury.

You have 30 days to file a claim for your workplace injury. Your claim will be processed through the Florida Department of Financial Services in the office of the Division of Workers’ Compensation. The process of filing is not always straightforward, and having a workers’ compensation attorney in Polk County on your side to help you can be vastly beneficial.

The Division of Workers’ Compensation will ensure that you are compensated for your damages, including:

  • All related medical expenses
  • Missed wages, typically two-thirds of your weekly income
  • Medical devices necessary for your rehabilitation
  • Physical therapy

To learn more and to begin the process of filing your workers’ compensation claim, call our Central Florida law firm and schedule a free initial consultation with our attorney.